A Seamless Replacement for Any Tooth
A dental implant serves as a replacement for a damaged or lost tooth. These implants are unique in that they are placed directly into the jaw. The process starts with a surgical procedure where your dentist inserts an implant body into the jaw bone. The implant body fuses to the bone through a process called osseointegration, making the implant a sturdy part of your smile. From there, your dentist will place an abutment and then a crown to complete the process.
Our Red Deer Dental Implant Installation Process
A few appointments can help improve your smile and quality of life. Here’s what to expect from our Red Deer dental clinic:
- Step 1 — Consultation: A meeting to determine if an implant is the right fit.
- Step 2 — Implant body insertion: A brief surgery to place the implant body into the bone.
- Step 3 — Restoration: A few months of healing during which the implant fuses to the jawbone.
- Step 4 — Abutment insertion: A second procedure to attach the abutment.
- Step 5 — Crown insertion: A third procedure to install the final crown.
Benefits of Receiving Dental Implants in Calgary
Dental implants are effective tooth replacements that can restore your smile. Your implants can help you feel more confident with a complete smile and articulate speech, and you may also enjoy oral and orthodontic health improvements. Implants offer two notable advantages over alternative options:
- Stability: Dental implants bond with the jawbone, making them one of the strongest replacements for your real teeth. Your implants will likely remain in place as you live your same active lifestyle and enjoy the foods you love.
- Longevity: Dental implants can last from 10 to 25 years. This durability is because they feature strong titanium rods and a porcelain crown.
When Should You Choose a Dental Implant?
A dental implant can be a great solution when you lose or damage a tooth. We offer implants to patients who experience sports injuries, workplace incidents, automotive accidents and other similar situations that result in missing teeth. We also offer implants for patients who need to have teeth removed due to severe decay caused by disease or excessive grinding.
A dental implant is a long-lasting resolution that allows you to live life normally and smile beautifully. The team at Dental Choice can work with you to determine if this solution is the best treatment for you.
Request a Red Deer Dental Implant Consultation
Dental Choice is a long-standing network of practices with experienced staff ready to provide dental care. We strive to maintain a welcoming environment where you can feel comfortable and confident that you’re receiving effective treatment for the situation. Our Red Deer dental team is ready to discuss your needs, so request a consultation with our Piper Creek office today!