At Dental Choice, we suggest taking your child to our offices in Calgary for the first time when they are 2 or 3. The younger your child is, the more likely they are to learn new concepts and remember what our dentists tell them. After their initial visit, plan to schedule cleanings and exams every six to twelve months to help keep their smile healthy.
Calgary Children's Dental Services
Recognizing the significance of scheduling an annual doctor’s visit for your child is important. However, to ensure comprehensive care for their overall health, it becomes imperative to prioritize regular dental checkups and cleanings for them as well.
At Dental Choice, we want to help your child develop healthy dental habits through our children’s dental services in Calgary. Schedule an appointment for your child today to start them on their journey to a healthy dental routine!
Professional & Comprehensive
Dental Services for Kids in Calgary
At Dental Choice, we offer an array of dental services for children in Calgary, catering to their diverse oral healthcare requirements. Our range of services encompasses everything from routine check-ups and cleanings to prompt emergency dental care.
Our goal is to provide the necessary oral care that your children need in order to maintain a healthy and radiant smile.
What Do Children's Dental Services in Calgary Include?
These dental services focus on caring for children’s general dental needs from infancy to adolescence. Our dentists undergo training in combination with their general dentistry certification so that they can better understand dental needs specific to children, such as cleaning and treating primary teeth and monitoring dental development, like cavities or misalignment.
Why Dental Appointments for Kids in Calgary Matter?
Regular dental appointments are just as crucial for children as regular doctor appointments. Visiting the dentist from an early age can help establish a dental baseline and catch problems before they require more extensive treatments. Some additional benefits of scheduling regular dental appointments for children in Calgary include:
- Overcoming dental anxiety: Having your child attend regular dental appointments will reduce the risk of dental anxiety.
- Providing an education opportunity: Dental appointments allow children to learn proper hygiene habits such as brushing and flossing.
- Enjoying less invasive treatments: Our children’s dental services include noninvasive treatments to help keep your child’s mouth healthy until their adult teeth emerge.
Children's Dental Health FAQ
When Should I Take My Children to the Dentist for the First Time?
Do I need to See a Dentist if My Child's Baby Tooth Has a Cavity?
Baby teeth with cavities eventually fall our like regular teeth. However, failing to treat the cavity properly can cause pain or impact the alignment of the teeth. Our dentists in Calgary will fill cavities on baby teeth to keep your child’s entire mouth healthy.
How Can I Keep My Child's Teeth Clean?
Some methods for keeping your child’s mouth clean include:
- Regular brushing: Tooth brushing should start before teeth even emerge. Start by wiping down the gums with a clean washcloth.. As more of you children’s teeth emerge, transition into using a toothbursh and toothpaste.
- Disclosing tablets: Disclosing tablets are chewable tablets that display any plaque left on your child’s teeth to ensure they are clean after brushing.
- Dental sealants: Dental sealants are thin plastic coatings that bond to chewing surfaces at the back teeth to prevent cavities and plaque buildup.
- Dental visits: Regular dental visits to our Calgary dental clinics can help establish a routine for your child and keep their teeth healthy and clean.
Schedule Children's Dental Services in Calgary Today
At Dental Choice, our dentists are kind and patient and will take the time to ensure your child has a calm and comfortable experience. We invite you to complete our online scheduling form to learn more about our services or book a dentist appointment at one of our Calgary offices for your child today.