Solea® Laser Treatment
As technology advances, so does the world of dentistry. Solea® laser treatments provide dentists with an innovative way to treat a number of dental conditions with better results than other treatments. Here at Dental Choice, we are proud to offer our patients this comfortable dental solution.
What is Solea Laser Treatment?
Solea is a computer-controlled CO2 dental laser that uses a narrow, intense beam of light to vaporize portions of hard and soft tissue, such as your teeth and gums. This tool delivers multiple pulses per second to remove or reshape tissue and treat gums, tooth enamel, dentin and bones. Solea lasers are approved by the Food and Drug Association (FDA) and use laser energy to eliminate the need for drills and needles, much to the relief of many dental patients.
How Can Solea Laser Dentistry Benefit You?
Besides offering improved dental treatment, a Solea laser session provides a more pleasant experience than traditional methods. Many of our patients prefer this treatment to ordinary dental procedures for several reasons:
- Needle-free: if you’re afraid of needles, dentist appointments can be challenging. Now, you can look forward to needle-free dentist procedures with Solea laser treatments.
- Silent: Another intimidating aspect of dental appointments is the drilling noise. A Solea treatment is completely silent, so you can feel more comfortable at your next appointment.
- Fast: If you lead a busy life, Solea laser treatment is ideal for you. Each session takes only a few minutes, and most procedures can achieve results in a single appointment.
- Comfortable: Since there are no needles involved, a Solea treatment is more comfortable than traditional dental treatments, leading to less bleeding and swelling.
- Versatile: A Solea laser can treat almost any dental condition, as well as sleep apnea.
What Can a Solea Dental Laser Treat?
One of the best aspects of a Solea laser is that it can be used for most dental procedures because it effectively cuts through hard and soft tissue. Specific applications include:
Preventive Procedures and Dental Treatment
The Solea laser assists a dentist with both preventive dentistry and dental treatments. While this laser treatment is not a substitute for good dental hygiene like daily brushing and flossing, it can identify cavities and enamel decay before they get out of hand. This innovative technology can also treat periodontal diseases, damaged oral tissue and ulcers. A dentist may even use Solea during oral surgery to remove gum or bone.
Treatment for Minimizing Sleep Apnea and Snoring
A Solea laser offers more than just dental benefits — it can be used to treat sleep apnea and snoring. The tool can minimize these conditions by reshaping the soft tissue at the back of your throat. Solea laser treatment is quick and effective, providing fast relief and improving your sleep quality as well as the sleep quality of those around you. This treatment also prevents morning sore throats and headaches that come from sleep apnea.
Get in Touch With Us for Solea Laser Treatment in Edmonton
We offer Solea laser treatment as an effective and comfortable dental option. Benefit from this innovative dentistry solution by filling out our online form to schedule your appointment at Dental Choice.